Founder & Chief Coaching Officer, Epic Rivers Leadership
Chuck is a top executive leadership coach trusted by individuals, teams, and organizations when the stakes are high. His extensive experience includes work with Fortune 500, financial services, tech, start-ups, healthcare, higher education, manufacturing, non-profits, and the military. A sought after and dynamic communicator, he has a proven ability to establish trust and get results. Leadership is not theory for Chuck. He has led and supported large, complex, dispersed teams, launched new products, doubled revenue, and helped others do the same with exceptional results.
Background and Industry Experience
Chuck’s clients have included Ford Motor Company, Salesforce, University of Notre Dame, Duke Health
Dropbox, American Diabetes Association, the Air Force, and Target. While Head of Coaching at the Center for Creative Leadership, he grew one of the largest and most respected coaching practices in the world. He has trained thousands of leaders over his career and was lead creator of Better Conversations Every Day™, with hundreds of facilitators globally. Prior to that he was Head of Learning and Development for an international disaster relief organization with offices in twenty-two countries and a coach and leadership development facilitator in a $1.5B healthcare organization.
Chuck now owns and leads Epic Rivers Leadership, LLC. He is also a coach for Pilgrimage Professional Development Group, Kramer Leadership, and AIIR Consulting. He has been published by Forbes and written a chapter on Coaching and Mentoring for Academic Medical Faculty. Every Conversation Matters™ is his latest creation, a powerful experience designed to help others master conversations, build trust, accelerate performance, and win the inner game.
Chuck has a refreshingly authentic, practical, and inspiring style that reflects his deep understanding of what it takes to build and lead high performing teams and create sustainable culture change. His unique combination of grit, street smarts, emotional intelligence, and heart give him the ability to read
people and navigate challenge with exceptional finesse. An International Coach Federation (ICF) coach since 2007, he holds certifications in team coaching, performance consulting, and human performance improvement and is qualified to deliver a wide range of psychometric instruments and assessments for teams and individuals.
Recent Coaching Assignments
• Chief Executive Officer, Hospital: New to CEO role and responsible for business turn-around
• Chief Marketing Officer, Professional Services Firm: Leadership effectiveness
• VP of People & Culture, Financial Services: Expanding DEI and preparing for C-suite
• President and COO, Health Insurance: Leading culture development and launch of a new health plan
• Chief Information Office & VP, University: Navigating change
• VP Customer Experience; Education Technology: Preparing for C-suite leadership and larger impact
• Executive Team, Finance: Strategy development and team effectiveness
• Executive Team, Healthcare and Technology: Team effectiveness with fast growing team
Master’s degree in Organizational Leadership from Azusa Pacific University.