Vice President, Chief Community Engagement Officer, Trillium Health
Joseph Searles serves as Vice President and Chief Community Engagement Officer at Trillium Health. He is a public relations professional, diversity, equity and inclusion strategist, sought-after speaker, and community leader. In his role, Joseph is responsible for executing community engagement and diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies in support of the agency’s mission to improve health in the communities it serves.
Prior to his current role, Joseph served as Corporate Diversity Relations Director, and Executive Administration Special Projects Manager for Excellus BlueCross BlueShield under the umbrella of The Lifetime Healthcare Companies.
Under his leadership, he has led organizations to receive local and national recognition for best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion. The recognition includes:
- “Diversity Leader Awards” (for 5 consecutive years) from Profiles in Diversity Magazine”
- “Best Place to Work for LGBT Employees” (for four consecutive years) from Human Rights Campaign
- “Community Service Award” from Ibero American Action League
- “Corporate Responsibility Ambassador Reward” from Positive Steps Consulting
Joseph is a servant leader, and he has led teams that:
- Increased leadership engagement and accountability for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Reinforced inclusive cultures
- Implemented formal diversity and inclusion corporate training programs
- Led professional women to be awarded national and local recognition
- Enhanced community engagement efforts and company reputation for diversity, equity and inclusion
Joseph is passionate about giving back to the community. He is a mentor and a coach. His past and/or present board service includes the Academy of Health Science Charter School, Ibero American Action League, New York New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, and the Urban League of Rochester.
He earned both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Organizational Management from Roberts Wesleyan College.
Joseph is a Rochester native. He enjoys photography, traveling, and spending time with his family.