Diversity Community Relations Director, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Joseph holds a position in Strategic Business Programs as Corporate Diversity Relations Director for Excellus BlueCross BlueShield under the umbrella of The Lifetime Healthcare Companies. He is a diversity strategist, sought-after speaker, and community leader. Joseph is responsible for executing community engagement strategies in support of the Company’s mission to improve health in communities it serves. His work involves communicating the Corporation’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and the efforts underway at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield. Joseph’s focus is also to influence the organization’s consciousness on a range of community issues such as racism, poverty, education, and other social determinants of health.
Prior to his current role, Joseph was an Executive Administrator in the Office of the CEO also at The Lifetime Healthcare Companies.
Under his leadership, the organization has received local and national recognition for being an inclusive organization. The recognition includes:
1. “Diversity Leader Awards” (for 5 consecutive years) from Profiles in Diversity Magazine.
2. “Best Place to Work for LGBT Employees” (for four consecutive years) from Human Rights Campaign.
3. “Community Service Award” from Ibero American Action League
Joseph is a servant leader and he has led teams that:
- Increased leadership engagement and accountability for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Established a culture of inclusion
- Implemented formal diversity and inclusion corporate training programs Raised employee engagement scores
- Led professional women to be awarded national recognition
- Expanded diverse applicant pools
- Organized the evolution of employee resource groups
- Enhanced the company’s community engagement efforts
Joseph is passionate about giving back to the community. He is a mentor and coach. His board service includes: Academy of Health Science Charter School, Ibero American Action League, New York New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Trillium Health and the Urban League of Rochester.
He earned both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Organizational Management from Roberts Wesleyan College.
Joseph is a Rochester native. He enjoys photography, traveling, and spending time with his family.